June 25, 2009

michael jackson


This is the Michael Jackson that I don't want to think of as gone...even though he's been "gone" for a long time.

The story of his childhood is pretty disturbing. Sad that he went from this little cutie to the strange character that he was in his last years. I am sad tonight because my memories of middle school certainly included MJ. I used to have to take a nap when I got home from school in order to stay up to watch the American Music Awards and they always saved him for last. Despite personal opinions, he was quite an entertainer. Like Elvis, you either loved him or hated him. For me, Michael Jackson music will always transport me to the "tween" years. And like the Thriller album and the Bad album..... those years were really good.



1 comment:

Allison said...

I totally agree. It's amazing how songs can take you back. Thriller was definately a time marker. An icon has died and it is sad. I am enjoying the radio stations playing all his music. Vivian was wondering why I was blasting "billy Jean" in the car last night.