We met the rest of his teammates at Bella Napoli. I could not resist, despite my husband's (successful) healthy eating plan, going inside and purchasing some goodies. Twice, I have bought the one type of cannoli that is sold at our local bakery, Biscuits. Saturday, I was ovewhelmed with the choices of sinful treats. They had several kinds of cannoli, including the mini french ones that I devoured as soon as I got to the car. Slowly but surely, I ate everything pictured above, with only slight assistance from Greg. Tasted great and was good comfort food for the stress of trying to follow the other parents who drove like madmen on the NJ turnpike. As an aisde, while in NJ we passed the CAMPMOR store. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to stop. My father and I were like two kids passing by a candystore!!!
A few more tidbits:
- the baseball went well. Greg pitched and they only lost by 1 run in each game on Saturday.
- Sherilee met us there and we got to have lunch with her on Sunday below the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Father in Law Bob let us borrow his Van and his Garmin GPS. Thank You!
- Dan can say he has driven through Manhatten (thank god for that GPS gadget)
- I have the best daughter in the world. She didnt complain about having to drive 8 hours to watch 8 hours of baseball and she amused herself by watching all the different dog breeds being walked through the Parade Ground Park in Brooklyn, a little sad that she had to leave Hudson home. When she wasn't dog watching, She napped on the bleachers to pass time. Awesome. Thanks to Gramma Cindy for babysitting her yorkie grand-doggie.
- Oh yeah, and after my whirlwind trip to the city, I had to report for Jury duty monday morning. 6 more hours of sitting just to be released without so much as one question directed at me. 6 more years before I have to do that again.
Now, is it really only Thursday? I am tired. Can't wait for the upcoming three day weekend!