November 14, 2008

november day?


After eating some goodies with my family last weekend in celebration of my birthday, we took advantage of the warmish weather and raked my grandmother's yard. We dragged the leaves to the garden and mixed them into the dirt with the tractor discs (quicker composting but mostly so they would not blow into the neighbor's yard). the remaining corn stalks were cut down and the garden is now ready to be turned over in the spring. my mother remarked that by doing the leaves now our Easter raking day will be easier. With all this late warm weather we've been having, the forsythia bush has forced new blossoms and the apple tree appears to have lost all of its leaves but not the apples. (If I hadnt been out half the night this would have been an awesome day to hike)

No comments: