December 18, 2008

I'm it..7 weird and random things

For about a month now, I have been amused by other bloggers who have been tagged and asked to write seven random and/or weird things about themselves. I first thought, wow I have no idea what I would write....blogging tends to be a whole lot about ourselves all the time and pretty much all of it is weird and random.

I have to say that I am quite addicted to blogging. I like to have a place to voice my opinion, tell a story, talk about the kids, journal my hiking and interact with other people who enjoy the same. I still find it odd that all of us in the blogging circle "seem" to know each other but may have never even met in real life. We comment niceties, give advice, cheer each other on and praise each other all from behind the disguise of the computer. Nonetheless, my main reason for being here in blogger land is renee. I work with her partner, adam, the frequent co-star of her posts. It was her blog that inspired me to blog in the first place and now she has tagged me for this game. Renee blogs about all kinds of topics at (i am alive). I enjoy her random daily tidbits and as I told her shortly after being exposed as one of her anonymous lurkers (thanks adam), reading her blog raised my level of awareness on current event type topics that I had been ignoring in my busy -raising little kids- life. I am grateful for stumbling across her blog and the effect it has had on me. She gives activist, feminist and environmentalist ideals authenticity for me and that is why I think she (and her blog) is neat.

Okay, here goes:

1. My pinky fingers are crooked (and I mean crooked). So are my father's, my sister's and my daughter's. Not my son's as he is a clone of my husband. Not sure what it means, but it's probably not a good thing.

2. Which leads me to the next weird thing, I am a bit (big) hypochondriac. Not in the normal way either. When I was little I was scared of a lot of things most that would never ever happen to me. Like that the skylab was going to fall from the sky on ME. That killer ants were coming from south america and were going to get ME. I am wicked scared of AIDS/HIV no matter how rational I try to be about it. I blame this on my age at the time the disease was "discovered" and that scare tactics were initially used as preventive measures because they had little knowledge about the spread of the disease. Luckily, I do have the ability to trick myself into believing that I probably don't come into contact with people who are infected even though I know that is impossible especially in my work. (wow, either that could have been a whole other post or all of my seven things and after actually typing that I think I may need professional help)

3. I cry or at least tear up over weird things. I used to be able to hide this pretty well, but now my kids know what my triggers are and look for me to being doing it and then announce it as a big joke. One of them will inherit the affliction and then I'll be laughing. Which I also do when someone gets hurt, but I have convinced myself that it is a defense mechanism to keep from freaking crying.

4. BLT's are my absolute favorite sandwiches.

5. I was the only player to be cut from modified softball. I remember the feeling in my gut like it was yesterday. When I stand on top of my 46th high peak part of me will be thinking- in your face softball bitches.

6. I stood in the oval office during the Reagan presidency courtesy of my secret service officer cousin, watched him from the back lawn of the white house exit his helicopter and wave at me which began my idolization of Ronald Reagan. Hence my daughter's name.

7. I think Adam Sandler singing "lunch lady land" is absolutely hysterical.

so there it is. now my job is to tag seven others who will have to follow these basic rules:* link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.* share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.* tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.* let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or twitter.

My seven is only 5:

My Present Life
Oily Ducks, Oily Dog
Adirondack View
Highpeaking
Monkey Barrel Musings

3 comments:

Cedar ... said...

Corin, I love your vow to "sing out" to the softball folks,... why not raise a fist in defiance too! go for it! OK, now I guess it's my turn,... ACK! :)

Allison said...

oh great! thanks - is it going to be too weird that some of your seven weird things are also my weird things? - Sisters are a lot alike ya know!

ReneƩ Leigh Stephenson said...

number five is also my favorite!
and trust me that you are not the only one still very afraid of HIV/AIDS. be proud of yourself for not turning that fear into prejudice or hatred!