April 20, 2009

Game Face

Nothing better than a pitcher enjoying his outing. He had 10 strikeouts in 4 innings. Who knows how many more batters he could have sat down.

The big people had to go and ruin it for the kids. We lost the game by forfeit after a homerun for our team was called foul, our coach questioned the call and the umpires totally lost their marbles after the parent of the home run hitter voiced his discontent...very inappropriately of course. I hope the umps grow some thicker skin before their next game. Which..... tell me is not thursday- when we get to try again. And hey...yeah you...crazy baseball father! Your kid might have been robbed of a homerun...but my kid was robbed of his first win this season as a pitcher. Grow up.
Awesome Job Greg!!

5 comments:

Cedar ... said...

Doing great Greg! Keep it up.... and you'll be even better next time. Having just come off an outstanding basketball season which took both of our varsity teams (boys and girls) just one game short of the state final four I can tell you I have seen the same thing. I just don't understand it. I wish some of those adults could have a video to see how silly they looked. I'm with you!

Small Pines said...

Congrats to Greg! Awesome. Silly adults - No so awesome, LOL. That is a really neat photo too. Sepia and Americana go nicely together!

corin said...

@smallpines: I would use sepia in every photo except once in a while people might like to see stuff in "real color". Thanks! I feel like it brings out the feeling of the photo as opposed to the details.

@cedar: I was just glad my husband was acting as the calming force. He has been a player, coach and umpire.

Allison said...

Love that photo. What are the chances of greg's face being the only one you can see completely...I know...you are just that good!

I'm kind of glad I wasn't there. Leave it to be a game against that team that stirrs up so much drama! - it never fails.

Jennifer W said...

It must have been hard for you not to set everyone straight! Congrats to Greg for a great game...