August 1, 2009

game over...


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The luck ran out this morning....the South Troy Dodgers lost to an undefeated team who was described by everyone as "hitting machines".
Their record at the end of the tournament was 6 wins and 2 losses.
Bit by bit I am getting more information about particular games. My father told my mother that Greg pitched so well that after a couple innings there were about 500 people gathered to watch him. The ump closed the strike zone down in the last inning and a few "easy" plays weren't so easy and that is how they ended up losing it.
The coaches gave the kids an awesome speech before they got on the bus to come home. I can't wait to hear more about it. I can't wait to see them tonight.

3 comments:

Cedar ... said...

nothing to be ashamed of with that 6-2 record. but I don't understand how an ump can "close the strike zone down"... it is what it is,.. how can it be changed? Congratulations to Greg for an outstanding performance!

DAD said...

After getting over the AWE of where Greg had taken us, the thing that stands out the most to me is the way he held his emotions in check and held things together during some of his toughest moments on a diamond to this point. There was no quit. There was no "help me, I can't do it". There was only thoughts of "these guys need me to come thru". So many times he did, but nobody delivers every time. I'm just so proud!

Allison said...

He just seems so "beyond his years" to me! I can't believe this awesome, Handsome, tall, Mature, baseball leading nephew of mine is only going to be 14 this week.....yet I think OMG - He is alreaday 14!!!
I am so proud of him. I hope he knows how much - I try to let him know,but, well... you know what happens.